ISAVASYA UPANISHAD : Mantram : 16.






ISAVASYA UPANISHAD :

or


VAJASANEYI    SAMHITA    UPANISHAD



Mantram-16.



Discussion-6. " I am  seeing  His  auspicious  nature" .... "He  am  I"......"I  am  He"....." That  Universal  Reality,  BRAHMAM  am  I " ......


Just  for  the  purpose  of  elucidation  and  re-emphasise  the  most  important  point  here,  we  must,  through  a  repetition,  again  draw  the  reader's  attention  to  a  subtle  truth  underlying  the  very  arrangement  of  thoughts  here.




First,  the  meditator  cries  out  :  "I  am  seeing  His  auspicious  nature,"

and  thus  he  hushes  himself  into  the  silence  of  joy  thundering  :  "He  am  I."



In  the  earlier  exclamation,  the  ego  lingers  and,  therefore,  it  sees  the  experience  "Divine".


But  when  the  ego  has  ended,  the  roar  is  not   "I  am  He"  ---

for,  there  must  be  then  the  lingering  "I"  ----

but  it  is  "He  am  I."   



When  the  ego  has  ended,  the  experience  is  "That  Universal  Reality,  Brahmam  am  I." 


Next : Discussion- "Sri Madhavacharya's interpretaions" ......

To be continued  .... 
  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUNDAKOPANISHAD : CHAPTER-3. SECTION-2. MANTRAM-4. { "Other means of Self-realisation." }

Mundakopanishad : ( Seven tongues of fire ).Mantram-4.

Tat Tvam Asi – You Are That! – Chandogya Upanishad